Invisalign Treatment in Leicester
Every innovative feature of the Invisalign System is designed to reveal the smile that you deserve. It’s why millions of people have now transformed their lives with our removable, near-invisible aligners.
Custom-made to move your teeth little by little, each tiny shift takes you a step closer to that next version of you – efficiently, gently and accurately.
At Care Dental Surgery in Leicester, we have treated many patients with Invisalign and have seen these transformations bring confident smiles.
We offer Invisalign treatments in Leicester, Leicestershire, Hinckley and Coventry.
A Guide to Invisalign
Pros and Cons of Invisalign
C.A.R.E. Dental Team
Pros of Invisalign in Leicester
- Unlike traditional braces, there are no brackets or wires involved and the clear plastic is custom made to fit you so there will be no irritation in your mouth. They look and feel very similar to a wearing a mouthguard.
- Invisalign aligners are clear so they’re invisible to other people and that means that you can go about your normal business without feeling self-conscious. Looking for Invisalign treatment in Leicester, contact us today!
- Straightening teeth with Invisalign is extremely convenient because you do not have any discomfort or digging in to deal with while you’re having the treatment.
- You can remove the braces to clean your teeth and to eat and for that special occasion. Being able to clean the aligners and your teeth will help you avoid running into trouble with gum disease or tooth infection which can arise when food particles become lodged in between the teeth and around traditional braces.
- There is very little maintenance with Invisalign you can easily clean them and keep them looking fresh and bright by using a very small amount of bleach and water. This does not need to be done every day and of course, the aligner should be rinsed very carefully if you’ve used bleach before you put it back in your mouth.
- Where there are advantages to anything there will also be disadvantages and these are some of the disadvantages that may be experienced with Invisalign although we think that they really are not that much of a disadvantage!
Cons of Invisalign in Leicester
Invisalign is Expensive:
- The cost of Invisalign braces may be something that may be seen as a disadvantage as some people may find that for their budget, they are expensive. However, for crooked or gapped or uneven teeth they do represent an excellent solution. They can range from £1800 to £4500 depend on the complexity of your case.
- Since the beginning of treatment with Invisalign, it has become more of a trend to use attachments along with the braces. These attachments will normally consist of enamel ridges that will be stuck onto your teeth in a way that’s quite similar to the brackets that are used in traditional braces. The point of using the attachments is to ensure a better fit and a more effective shift in the teeth towards their desired position. If attachments are needed Invisalign braces will be likely to be seen and people will realise that you are having a tooth straightening procedure.
You Need to Wear Them at Least 22 Hours Per Day:
- Some people may find the fact that Invisalign braces need to be worn 22 hours in every 24 a disadvantage. In theory, they’re supposed to be removed only for cleaning or for eating. That means that on an evening out unless you want to take them out and put them in again you really need to keep wearing them all the time.
- There might be some minor discomfort. Most people who have Invisalign braces find them uncomfortable, to begin with because they’re putting pressure on the teeth to move. Most people also find that they soon get used to that and get over it and that an over the counter painkiller will be more than sufficient to make things more comfortable for them.
- Invisalign can be an inconvenience. Some people don’t like the idea but they have to take the Invisalign braces in and out to eat so that if they go out in the evening and take them out to eat, they then have to go through the routine of cleaning them again before they replace them in the mouth. However, it has to be said that this is not much of an inconvenience when you consider that for most of the time your braces will be invisible and removable
- We have tried to be as honest as we can about the pros and the cons of Invisalign treatment but we have to say, in general, that at CARE dental or Harbour Dental our patients tell us that they much prefer this method of straightening teeth than the traditional method with wires and brackets. If you would like to discuss your suitability for treatment with Invisalign further with one of our accredited Invisalign dentists,